Betty L. McDonald, Owner
Welcome to our historic Toganenwood Estate
Barn Weddings / Event Center
(Reunions, Birthdays, Anniversary Venue)
... located in the Hamlet of Alloway, which is nestled in the heart of the New York State Finger Lakes, wine country! The Estate is just off Ext 42 of the NYS Thruway - which is only 10 mins North of Seneca Lake.
- - - - - - - -
After years of being told that we should open our huge barn and lovely property to others to enjoy for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, holiday parties, reunions, corporate meetings ... we have decided to do just that!
We have heard that most venues are booked for one or two years ... why wait, we can reserve your wedding date or special event now!! Just give us a call.
Select your own caterer and buy your own alcohol ... No need to rent tables and chairs, we have them. Smoke Free facility! Designated smoking area on site.
Toganenwood is an acronym for the first three owners of the Estate. We are the fourth. 1st owner - Towar - TO, 2nd owner - Ennis - EN, 3rd owner - Gansz - GAN. The WOOD is for over 80 mature trees on the property and in the 1800s it was known for its many dogwoods and orchards. 'TO GAN EN WOOD'.
Location, Location, Location ...
Discount for Fri/Sun
10% Discount on remaining 2018 weddings!
Perfect for a Destination Wedding!
Book your 2018 - 2019 Wedding NOW!
Barn Venue ... can accommodate inside and outside for all special events from up to 175 guests.
Fieldstone Barn Cellar (Mon - Thurs) for Showers, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Events, etc. ... Great space with 12' and 14' ceilings. Horse stalls on one side with 1950 theater chairs. Adds a lounge affect. Tables, Chairs included. (Email for pricing)
Enjoy the rustic historic barn by the water to enjoy family and friends when celebrating your special event.
SAVE money, time with LESS stress ...
Save $500+ on Ceremony Chairs, Save $250+ on Bottled Water (we have hot/cold water cooler), Save $100 - $300+ on alcohol (by your own - we have coolers, kegerators, metal bins, etc), Save money on Caterer (shop around and pick your own - we spply banquet tables for buffet), Save $150+ on Rustic Props (also save time on decorating/clean up), Save $700+ on DJ (we have playlist surround sound), Save $600+ on Photo Booth (we have area set up to 'Make a Memory'), Save Time on decorating (lights are already on railings and beams), 7 Bathrooms including 2 Handicapped (no porta potties in this barn). All this and multiple ceremony sites: Gazebo, Covered Bridge, Deck over River, Gardens, 200yr old Sycamore Tree, Historic Barn ...
Included in price ... (Saves you time and money!)
* Historic Barn and Property
* Inside Round, Banquet and Farm House Table/Chairs - up to 175
* Outside white folding chairs for Ceremony - 125+
* Area for DJ or PlayList - (we can supply surround sound system)
* Dance Floor area with Chandelier - 12 x 24 or larger
* Soft Drinks/Coffee Bar w/burlap skirt and Cake/Cupcake Table made from 1946 Capehart Cabinet
* You can supply your own alcohol, but would need a qualified bartender who has taken the TIPS program AND please take all bottles/boxes home with you at the end of the evening as a caterer would.
* Buffet tables set up in adjacent Hayloft for buffet
* History and antiques on walls
* 900' of Riverfront, Gazebo, 200 yr old Sycamore, Gardens
* 24' x 12' Deck (4' over the water, 8' on the property)
* Covered Bridge
* String Lights throughout Main Barn and Lofts
* Decorative lights on railings, beams and around archway
* Lanterns on posts in Main Barn and lower Hayloft
* Smart Lights spotted around - change to color of your gowns
* Multiple ceiling, window and floor fans
* Photo Booth - Rustic Scene
* Emergency Lighting
* New Bathrooms inside and outside - 4 upstairs and 3 downstairs (no working showers)
* Beautiful natural photo backdrops on site
* Bales of Hay/Milk Cans for sitting spotted around the barn
* Dressing Room / Lounge w/bath for Bridal / Wedding Party (no shower)
* Kitchen prep area for Caterers upstairs and down.
* Water Cooler - saves on the cost and carrying of water bottles. We supply the water, you supply the cups. If you prefer plastic bottles, then please take them with you at the end of the night.
* Outside covered bar with kegerators (you supply CO2 canisters), Igloo coolers, medal bins, table, etc.